For more informations please send a message to: [email protected]
Castello di Magona, former residence of Leopold II Grand Duke of Tuscany, is situated Campiglia Marittima, by the Etruscan Coast in Tuscany. Today this magnificent “Historical Residence”, offers the chance to experience history with all the modern comforts of the XXI century. The castle can be rented weekly as an exclusive, private villa. Castello di Magona was built during the first decade of the 16th century and became the residence of Leopold II, Grand Duke of Tuscany, during the reclamation of the Maremma land.
The Castle is accessible by a lane, lined with cypress and pine trees, at the end of which the impressive gates open onto the front garden with private parking. Passing through the entrance hall, one steps into the rose garden; an ideal place for breakfast, lunch and dinner. At the end of the garden, separated by a smaller gate, is a swimming pool, open from mid May to the end of September. Overlooking a terraced olive grove, the pool is shaded by ancient maritime pine trees. The poolside is equipped with a Jacuzzi, fitness corner, changing rooms and toilet. The 10 bedrooms, all with en-suite bathrooms, are arranged on different levels and individually decorated. Each is provided with mini-bar, air conditioning, satellite TV, telephone, and safe. Four double rooms, 5 suites and a superior suite, “Gran Duca” are available. These beautiful bedrooms are furnished with antique furniture, hand decorated ceilings, frescoes and numerous precious objects. On the ground floor there is a noble entrance hall enriched with oil paintings and furnished with an important 18th century wooden table. There are also three sitting rooms accessible from the main entrance hall: a well-stocked reading room with an antique wooden desk; a bar room with fireplace; a TV room, richly furnished with an antique chest, two comfortable sofas upholstered with damask fabric, fireplace, satellite TV, and DVD player. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in the luminous dining room, decorated with frescoes and tiled with original ceramics. Internet wifi access can be found throughout the Castle.
DAILY RATES 2 PEOPLE
|MARCH-JUNE||€ 200,00||€ 300,00||€ 400,00|
|SEPTEMBER-OCTOBER||€ 200,00||€ 300,00||€ 400,00|
THE RATES INCLUDE: BREAKFAST, CONSUMPTIONS, DAILY CLEANING.
WEEKLY RATES – 6 BEDROOMS
|1 WEEK||6 BEDROOMS
|HIGH SEASON||JUNE 28 -AUGUST 30||€ 14.500,00||€ 300,00|
|€ 12.500,00||€ 300,00|
WEEKLY RATES – 10 BEDROOMS
|1 WEEK||10 BEDROOMS
|HIGH SEASON||JUNE 28 -AUGUST 30||€ 20.000,00||€ 400,00|
|€ 16.000,00||€ 400,00|
WEEKLY RATES – 13 BEDROOMS
|1 WEEK||13 BEDROOMS
|HIGH SEASON||JUNE 28 -AUGUST 30||€ 22.000,00||€ 600,00|
|€ 18.000,00||€ 600,00|
- Esclusive use of the Castle
- Use of the kitchen
- Daily cleaning of the bedrooms and lounges
- Outdoor swimming pool, outdoor jacuzzi and ground maintenance
- Supply and changing of bedding, bath and pool towels on Saturday and Wednesday
NOT INCLUDED in the fee:
- Catering services for the preparation and service of breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Extra housekeeping (€25 per hour per person)
- Additional bed linens and towels
- Laundry or ironing services
- Final cleaning
- Holiday tax 1,5 euro per day per person
Security Deposit & Payment Rules
€ 2.500 security deposit payable to be paid upon arrival in either cash or check.
A non-refundable down payment of 30% of the full cost of accommodation is required to confirm the booking. The balance is due 60 days prior to the clients’ arrival.
- Credit Card
- Internet Wi-fi
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Laundry service
- Outdoor Jacuzzi
- Air conditioning
- Satellite TV
- Transfers from and to the airport
- Siena and San Galgano Abbey
- San Gimignano, Siena and the Chianti Classico: tasting tour of Chianti Classico wine DOCG in a well-known winery.
- Siena and Montalcino with a visit to a famous winery and tasting of Brunello wine DOCG
- Montepulciano and Pienza
- Lucca and Pisa
- Medieval tour: Massa Marittima, Suvereto, Castagneto Carducci, Bolgheri with a wine tasting Bolgheri Doc in a famous winery
- Suvereto and visit to a famous winery in Val di Cornia tasting its famous wines DOCG
- Massa Marittima and the fascinating Museum of Mining
- Outlet Shopping Tours in Florence and The Mall (Italian designer stores) / Siena and Prada Outlet.